Mangaluru: A total of 137 nursing and paramedical students staying at a private hostel here have fallen ill due to food poisoning after having dinner, police sources said on Tuesday. The students have been admitted to various hospitals in the city, city police commissioner N Shashi Kumar said.
Karnataka | Around 137 students of a private nursing and paramedical college in Shakthinagar area of Mangaluru were admitted to different hospitals in the city yesterday, after they complained of food poisoning, allegedly after having food at their hostel mess. pic.twitter.com/M8vmdZ6qW7— ANI (@ANI) February 7, 2023
The students complained of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhea and were admitted to hospitals on Monday night. Water contamination is said to be the reason for the food poisoning, sources said. The condition of some of the students is stated to be serious.